Taste of Python is a 12h long practical workshop on Python programming, focusing on solid fundamentals and a large subset of the language. It is directed at audiences familiar with programming in other, mostly procedural, programming or scripting languages.
On completion, participants will have a solid Python foundation to build upon, being able to read, understand and modify common Python programs; they will also be able to create effective prototypes and simple programs, that with further experience and training can grow into full-scale production level solutions.
- Have core programming skills, being familiar with variables, expressions, sequential and conditional execution, loops, functions, and ideally, classes/OOP.
- Have file manipulation skills and be familiar with the command line on their operating system of choice.
- Bring their laptops, where they will complete the exercises and explore the acquired knowledge.
- From 6 to 12 participants.
- Three 4h long, or four 3h long sessions.
English, Portuguese or Spanish spoken,
with English printed materials and exercises.
- At your premises.
- HDMI projection and a whiteboard required.
- Internet access recommended for all participants.
Modules + Packages
For deeper coverage and complete Python training, checkout This is Python and More of Python instead.